Monday, March 22, 2010

Midnight Writer's Herbal Remedies



Before I became a professional blogger, I spent many years traveling and exploring mountains and wild lands to learn about natural foods and medicines. During the summer months, my husband Cephas and I still attend the annual gathering of the tribes of the rainbow family of living light to teach and share our love for natural healing. I am dedicating this blog to those long years of growth, learning, healing and loving my fellow humanity.

At this time, the blog doesn't have many posts but there are a few articles of interest about herbs and wild plants. View some of the videos that I recorded last year in Oregon at one of our favorite wild remote retreats. We give you a tour of the path to the seasonal water fall that comes down from the high rocks above and flows through the little hidden canyon until it surfaces on the old highway where it finds its way back to the river.

This hidden little canyon is ripe with fragrant sage and yarrow, an herbal miracle medicine that we use frequently. Of course, we picked some of each. I wrote a little bit about the plants that we use on a regular basis. Cephas and I favor the herbs that we can pick in the wild so we spend a lot of time learning to identify plants. We utilize plant identifying books as well as videos for this knowledge.

I created the blog Midnight Writer's Herbal Remedies in October of 2008 during an extended stay in the Yuba City area. That winter, we spent a lot of time camping in the Sutter valley area and traveled intermittenly along the coast on Highway 101. We always enjoy the oceans and redwood forests of California. If I had my way, I would live in the area but our work calls us around the nation. That fall, we started this whole blogging quest. First, we worked in Idaho the previous spring at a public library while we enjoyed hikes along the snake river canyon. That was our pre-laptop days. During the fall of 2008, I was inspired to set up a lot of free blogs on blogspot to let them gain the age they would need. You can read more about our quest on The Midnight Writer's Freelance Quest. It's full of great stories. Start  with "Qualifying, the Race is On!"

Now back to the herbal blog. What can you hope to find on this site? Well, I will be writing about herbal medicinal formulas, teas, simple foods and wild edibles. Some features will focus on outward therapies using poultices, massage oils, accupressure and other hands on therapies. I don't want to divulge too much information. Book mark our healing blog and visit us often. See you in the wilds of the mountains somewhere this spring and summer.


The Midnight Writer

0 comments:

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | Best Buy Printable Coupons