Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Blog needs its own Business Card

It makes sense to me that if brick and mortar companies benefit from utilizing business cards to generate business, then a blogging or freelance writing business would, too. I had this great idea about designing a brand logo for my freelance writing network. Then I thought about the unique blog niches in my network and wondered how to present each one on alternate cards. It would be like creating a rotating image on a flash sign or a different photo on a website. I'd have the layout for my freelance company as the main theme. Then I'd take photos of my blogs and alternate the images with a small description of each one on sets of business cards. I know that sounds like a lot of work but it's a good idea, isn't it?

That presents one more problem for me though. If I create such an intricate set of calling cards for my business then I have to find someone to print them according to my specifications. It could take weeks to search out the endless possibilities available for business promotional material. I would have to narrow my search to companies that specialize then order business cards from that company. Pricing would have to be affordable because I intend to hand these out like chocolates in at grade school party.

I'm looking for exposure for my blogs because I am selling them as an outlet for my writing review work. Owning a blog network is akin to running a magazine company. In that case, I'm a full time publisher of over fifty magazines. That's a lot of blogs to maintain and will require a unique promotional angle. I better get busy sketching those business cards. We're traveling throughout California now so I can test the effectiveness of placing my business cards on bulletin boards around the state. I just have to fine tune the design! What do you think would make a good logo for The Midnight Writer's Network?

0 comments:

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | Best Buy Printable Coupons