Monday, May 31, 2010

Photo Blogging adds new Dimensions to your Blog

Photo taken in the redwoods at the Smith River in California.

I love taking photos and I think my partner Cephas loves taking pictures even more than me. At this time, we don't have an exclusive photo blog but we have been experimenting with using photos to spawn ideas and to spark blog conversation. Let me tell you, it is a very effective technique. So those of you who are at a loss for words, get out your digital camera and start taking photos of anything that catches your eye. You will be totally amazed at how much your writing will become inspired just based on the photos you capture.

Look at the photograph at the top of this post. Clear your mind and just let the image talk to you. Get a piece of paper or open your notebook/laptop and just start brainstorming. Let the ideas flow from you like water and keep writing without giving it any thought or preconceived form. I'm guessing that you can fill an entire page in a couple minutes of topics, ideas, phrases, titles, descriptions and complete lines. It would be fun to have a writing contest based on one photograph. Please share your ideas with me and tell me what this photo inspired you to write. Feel free to use it on your blog and to write a post but link back to my blog and give photo credits. Have fun and tell me what ideas you come up with for photo blogging.

The Midnight Writer

0 comments:

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | Best Buy Printable Coupons